Sunday, April 02, 2006

Busy day busy day

This morning I had to take Tess to the vet. Unfortunately Dr. Dan (who is not the vet I like, I think I like the woman better) confirmed what I already knew. Tess has Adrenal Disease. (Fairly common in ferrets, tumors on the adrenal gland). Now she'll be going once a month for shots like Baxter did. If it isn't one thing, it is another with pets. And I just realized that in June she'll have lived with me for a year. So she really isn't 4 no matter what I think. (She was between 4 & 5 they weren't sure when I adopted her.) So if what happened with Bax is any indication we've got about a year or so of time left. That's a good amount still to hang with the fuzzy bunny. :)

This afternoon I took a nap and then went to a barbecue with my friends Isa, Big R & Isa's former roommates. (She moved out this month). I played ball with her dog for like an hour. That was very fun, I really like playing with the dog. The funny thing is, though, that the dog usually hates me. I can't be around without the dog barking its fool head off at me. But towards the end of the evening after we had played she actually let me pet her so I thought oh look we're doing well. In the car, though, bark bark bark. She's a scrappy little thing, though and it is nice to play with a dog. Especially a dog I don't have to clean up after. :D

No comments: