Sunday, September 10, 2006

AIDS Walk

I volunteered to be a course monitor fo the AIDS Walk today. It was fun. I always enjoy it. It looks like the walk did well this year raising $775,000. I'm glad to hear that because it really seemed like there were a lot less people walking this year than there were 2 years ago, the last time I volunteered. It may have been, though, that I was towards the end of the course and the crowd had spread out a lot. This time I was at the beginning of the course and most of the walkers were clustered together. It was also sunny the last time I volunteered as opposed to raining today. :) I saw Stephen there. He was looking fabulous in a great green scarf I may have a little envy of. :) Now that I've read Kyra's blog entries, apparently she was there too! That's kind of funny. It was fun. I cheered and shouted and raised a ruckus. While we were waiting for the walk to start, there were several of us standing outside a house talking and this guy shouts out the window that we needed to shut up. I'm sure he was less than thrilled when about 30 minutes later the street was filled with people. Heh. :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Cool! All of the volunteer work you do is admirable! I've participated in the AIDS Walk in L.A. before, but it was just too big and one of the most disorganized things I'd ever taken part in, so I've sworn off of it. Good cause though and I try to support people walking financially when I can.

Chicken said...

I'm walking in the Aids walk down here on the 24th. I think that the breast cancer walk overshadows the Aids walk and not as many people show up. That is why I make a point of doing this particular walk.