Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Last night I was having this totally wild nightmare that for some strange reason I wanted to go back to once it woke me up. Luckily this didn't happen.

I was living in this house like a dorm or a frat house on a college campus. (Although I think it was more just a big old house but there was an implication that more people would live in it). I was the only one living there except this ghost that lived on the 2nd floor. She was not a nice ghost, she was kind of evil. She was trying to get me to leave so she put boobie traps up on the 2nd floor. Like if I tugged a door knob a cherry bomb would go off. Or if I touched a lever I think at one point a gun went off. So while this is happening the 2nd floor is just falling apart. I have to escape at once and me and a dog and a guy who had been coming up the stairs race down the stairs with her chasing after us and we run out of the house. And then the house collapses. And then I woke up.

Ghost: In general, ghosts symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. You may be afraid of death and dying. Alternatively, ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates a feeling of disconnection from life and society. This dream may be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior.

House: To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking.

Haunted House: To dream of a haunted house, signifies unfinished emotional business, related to your childhood family, dead relatives, or repressed memories and feelings.

Gun: To see a gun in your dream , symbolizes aggression, anger, and potential danger. You may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence. Alternatively, a gun can represent the penis and male sexual drive. Thus the gun may mean power and impotence.

Destruction: To dream about mass destruction, suggests that there is some chaos occurring in your life. Things may not be going the way you want it to. Perhaps the choices your are making are self-destructive.

Dog: To see a dog in your dream, indicate a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed.

Man: To see a man in your dream, denotes the masculine aspect of yourself - the side that is assertive, rational, aggressive, and/or competitive. If the man is known to you, then the dream may reflect you feelings and concerns you have about him.

Apparently I'm more screwed up than I know. :) But the man and dog represent getting out if it I guess? I don't know.

No comments: