Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I know stuff

I'm watching Jeopardy and I'm vaguely fascinated by the random things I actually know. There was a picture of a painting and the question was about what battleship was sunk in the picture and I totally knew it. I rule. :)

The artist formerly known as WC actually asked me how my weekend was yesterday. He's never done that before. I, being ever the gracious person I am, did not point out that he has never done that before. Although the first time he swore in front of me I totally pointed it out because it cracked me up.

I'm going out to skaryoke tonight. (Really it is just Karaoke but with the gays. Have you seen some of them perform? Honestly... Scaryoke is a much better term.) :) Big R and I are going to a party at V's on Friday night and V suggested I invite Big R to Skaryoke. Big R NEEDS to hang out with more gays. Although part of his problem is that he has a whole lot of diva and not a whole lot of princess points to back it up.

I have an ass load of work to do this week and tomorrow is convocation. That means a whole 1/2 day wasted.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually considering voting for a moderate Republican. Before I fully confess to this I need to say that a - I won't do it. Even if I consider it, I still won't be able to bring myself to actually do it. and b - I like what he is saying. And c - I was talking with our former workstudy today and she loves political science and as we chatted it started to make sense. She's as liberal as I am, but we're both seriously concerned about how polarized the nation is. His message is mostly about the fact that the nation is too polarized and this is why we can't get things done. And as a senator for a ridiculously liberal state as Seattle is (I know that Seattle isn't a state, but the entire rest of the state is a 'red' state and yet Seattle and Tacoma can cause the entire state to end up a 'blue' state) he'd have to be much more liberal than your average Republican. I have to make up my mind by the 19th which is when our election is. I have a bunch of things to read too so I know what I'm voting for. I am not, however, voting for Mike the Mover or Somebody or other "The Science Guy." They are just too weird. :)

1 comment:

DD said...

I am so NOT a political person. I either like someone or I don't long before I know their affiliation. How simplistic would it be to vote for someone based on their abilities rather than their party?