Sunday, September 17, 2006

Geeky excitement

I have mentioned before that I like the show the Amazing Race. I think it is very cool. I only semi-recently got into the show last summer when the Game Show Network ran a marathon of every episode all summer long. You can imagine my geeky excitement over the discovery that tonight's race left out of Seattle. I just like it when I see places I recognize on TV. I know that's silly of me. :) (They started out of Gasworks Park.) Also, they are starting out going to China. I've always wanted to go there. If I had any physical abilities and could stomach the possibility of eating gross food, I think I would do something like this. Oh wait, I don't think I'd want to be on TV either so never mind. :) (Of course if I had physical abilities I'd be skinnier than I am and that may affect my decision to be on TV.) (Also fun is seeing the racers get confused trying to get to I5 from Gasworks which can be a bit confusing.)

1 comment:

... said...

I thought it was hilarious that they had them start in Seattle and trying to find an I-5 South ramp from anywhere near downtown can be difficult. I have actually ended up in both Bellvue and West Seattle trying to get on I-5 South from downtown.

I loved that they then went to Beijing...my husband and I climbed part of the Great Wall of China in Juyoungan so it was cool to see parts of the city and the wall that were familiar to us. We loved our trip there although we wish it could have been longer so we could have seen more of the country.