Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dansko Squeak

Due to the informal poll in my office I think we've established that there are two different kinds of Dansko shoe soles - one which may develop the squeak and one that doesn't.

The 'original' Dansko clog sole seems to not make the squeak. One of my coworkers has had a pair for 3 years and it never squeaked. That would be this sole. (This pair of clogs is actually the pair I just bought. I like them so far, although I walked to work in them and I got a killer foot cramp. Now they feel just fine. My other pair of Danskos have this sole too, the little black pair I wear with dresses)


The newer soles are the ones that I had that started to squeak within 2 - 3 months of wearing. I suspect that these are the soles that eventually develop the 'Dansko squeak.' (Something I only heard about after they developed a squeak and I googled it.)

2 comments:

Chicken said...

Good to know. My new pair seem to be ok so far.

Anonymous said...

Dansko recently changed factories. Now we get constant calls on this issue with no real answers for the customer. I truly believe it's a defect with the shoe. The funny thing is they only squeak when customers walk forward, not backwards. So my best solution is to walk backward through life :)