Monday, December 11, 2006

These are things I love today...

1 - My landlord put up a real Christmas tree in our lobby. Our lobby smells so good. I could just move my TV down there and veg for the rest of the holiday season.

2 - This makes me want to bake sugar cookies. Now if only I can find a good recipe for good gluten-free ones. :) I may make some to give to my landlord. :)

3 - Food network challenge. I watched a holiday cake decorating one last night and it was so amazing. It also totally made me want to eat royal icing from the bowl while watching it. :)

4 - Nordstrom's liberal return policy which I hope I don't have to use, but is the reason I'm going there to buy my next pair of danskos. If they develop "the dansko squeak" in 3 months I can take them back easily.

One thing I don't love today... The student center, where I frequently get my breakfast, was closed so I ended up cobbling together breakfast from things I buy at the bookstore. That means today's breakfast is beef jerkey, fruit snacks and soda. (Well soda is normal). I also got fruilt salad from Starbucks but I am not 100% sure that it was worth 2.85 plus tax for a bunch of green melon, 3 pieces of pineapple and like 2 pieces of canteloupe.

6 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I wanted to kill the cake decorator who didn't even practice.

Chicken said...

I bought a new pair of Dansko's a couple of months ago. My old ones had the squeak problem and I asked the lady at Clogs-N-More about it. She said that I wasn't the first to complain. The shoe repair guy who works there figured out what the problem was. The soles are a "honeycomb" sole. One of the combs will break internaly causing the squeak. He injected my shoes with some silicone or something and the squeak is gone. Apparently the sole breaks where your foot bends.

Joanne said...

Good to know Chicken. The shoe repair guy I went to said he couldn't fix them. That usually the problem is a squeak between the inner soles and the foot base and if I took those out and they still squeaked I was out of luck. Maybe I'll try a different shoe repair place.

Robin said...

I'm used to the squeak. And so are all the kids at school...'listen, here comes the librarian...'

I did wonder why they even sqeak on carpet.

Mind Sprite said...

I didn't know about the Dansko squeak. I haven't had that problem, but both of my pairs crush the top of my foot.

... said...

I don't have the Dansko squeak yet either but I don't wear them every day either so perhaps when they get older, I will get a squeak too. Chicken had already told me about the fix...good to know.