Sunday, December 17, 2006

Stubbornly stupid

I have a schedule on Sunday mornings. I do laundry. This morning the elevator was not working (not especially shocking, happens periodically and usually it is due to the door on 3 not shutting properly.) So I go down to 3 and the elevator isn't stuck there so I decided to just take the clothes down by stairs. I started with one set of stairs which are better stairwise (not too tall or narrow) but then changed at floor 2 because ultimately I have to take the other set downstairs. These I dislike because they are fairly steep and narrow. They are the only ones that go to the basement. As I was going down, I misstepped and fell into the wall while twisting the bad ankle. It was awesome. Luckily I only stumbled down 3 steps worth because it was a short spot until the next landing but I did manage to whack my right cheek against the wall. Damn elevator.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Do your stairwells have the empty center where you can see all the way to the bottom level? If so, drop your laundry down the middle and walk down. That's what I did in college. If not, wait until they fix the elevator...

Chicken said...

Holy crap Joanne I thought you had reinjured yourself. Damn elevator!