Friday, December 08, 2006

I can't sleep.

I can't sleep and it is starting to make me crazy. It has been a week. I haven't been able to get to sleep before midnight. Not because I'm not tired but because I just can't sleep. I then sleep like the dead for about an hour and a half. At 1:30 I wake up. And then I fall back asleep by about 2:00. And then I wake up at 3:00 or 3:30. And then I fall back asleep. And then I wake up and it is 5:00 or 5:15. And then I am awake. I now have a frequent headache just brewing in the back of my head. I called two of my girls by the wrong name yesterday AND I identified a brother as the wrong person. I'm going slightly nuts. I think tonight I may have to have a little meeting with Mr. Sleeping Pill to see if this will help me. I didn't even have caffeine after 4:00 last night so that wasn't the problem.

At last night's meeting, we tie dyed socks. It was so fun and they were really good about not making a big fat mess (which is always impressive). I now have 14 little and 2 big socks hanging in my bathroom drying. They managed to get some very impressive colors out of the 5 I gave them. They are really all rather funny. Apparently, though, children's sock sizes (like T-Shirt sizes) mean very little. The label on the package says that they fit 6.5 - 8 but my girls all claim they won't fit. Who knows. I kind of have given up on ever hoping that an art project about clothes will ever fit the kids... :)

1 comment:

Poppy said...

The full moon has caused my sleep to be similar to yours this week. Damn the moon!