Monday, December 04, 2006

Tear in the aorta.

That's what caused my friend's death. Slightly better than what we originally thought. (Not that a person dying young is ever good. Or that a new mom dying is good, but you know.) In the grand scheme of things, the new baby is not what killed her, but a previously known about heart defect. The funeral was as awful as you would expect one for someone so young to be. It was held in the campus chapel and two of our priests presided over it. My favorite campus priest did the eulogy and it was very good. Seeing how shattered the husband was as he held the baby and walked down the aisle after the casket was just heart breaking.

I spent the rest of the weekend shopping and doing nothing. Fred Meyer failed me. This is a first for them, so it is a little surprising. They did not have the pasta or the crackers which were the whole reason I went to Fred Meyer. I'm going to have to venture to Whole Foods I think. I wish it were Friday.

Ooh I'm going to Canada this weekend with Isa. Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate funerals. Here's to hoping weddings continue to out number funerals!