Sunday, November 13, 2005

Nothing is ever as bad as you think.

That should really be the theme of my whole blog. Nothing is ever as bad as I think it will be.

Speed dating was fun! There were 18 men and I think 16 or so girls. There was a wide variety of men there. Almost all were in my age bracket I think. It isn't like we went around revealing our ages, but based on our little 6 minute conversations I'm making an educated guess. I think I gave a yes to about 8 of the 18. I tried to keep a pretty open mind. There were a couple who were really religious so based on some of what they said they were an automatic no. And not that I'm against religion, but I am an athiest so that may not work out well. :) There were 2 who were very weird but also geographically undesirable so I felt less bad about turning them down since they lived far away. One guy was totally twitchy. He kept looking around and every answer was a very quick yes or no. That was not pleasant. One guy I really really wanted to say yes to but for all the wrong reasons. I figured all the other girls would say no to him... He was a big guy (which I have no issues with). He was difficult to talk to, it was like pulling teeth but maybe he was nervous and I was only the 2nd person he talked to. But then he said he liked to spend time playing the card game Magic the Gathering and that was that. Ex-boyfriend from college loved that damn game, I won't be a Magic widow again. :P There was one that I said yes to, but now that I'm thinking about it I'm hoping he said no. (I wouldn't be surprised if he did.) Coworker only said yes to 2. Coworker's friend only said yes to 3 or 4. They're both only 25 so coworker said she didn't want any that were too old. She kept swearing that at least one of the guys was 50, I'm like no. He may be late 30's but totally not 50. Coworker's friend said something about just wanting to hang out with the guys but not date them. Whatever. I had a good time. I'd even consider going again. :) You know if work stalking victim doesn't work out. :)

For the record I was wearing blue jeans, a long sleeved V-neck black shirt with 111111111111111111 (sorry Tess interrupted) boob enhancing bra. The long sleeves were to hide my hands. They are currently scarred and scabbed... between wrestling Tess & a couple of break outs of my condition. I also wore my hair down and even wore make up! :) Who knew I could look like a girl? :)

7 comments:

SJ said...

Good for you Joanne! It all sounds great - here's hoping it comes together for you!

Kate the Peon said...

Glad you had had fun!

Kate the Peon said...

And btw, "nothing is ever as bad as you think" is one of my sister's mantras.

Chicken said...

So do you think you will do it again?

Joanne said...

KTP - Are you saying I'm a dirty hippie like your sister? ;)

Chicken - It depends. I'm now waiting to see if any of the guys I checked yes to checked yes to me. If none did, that may color my view of this and make me less inclined to do it. But at this point I'd say I'd consider doing it again.

Cindy-Lou said...

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to do that speed dating thing.

Kate the Peon said...

My sister's a lot of things, but only rarely is she a dirty hippie. :)