Monday, June 11, 2007

The Awesome

Awesome thing 1
We've begun my favorite time of year at the U. Summer. I normally loathe summer in principle because I don't like to be hot, but summer at the U is awesome. Firstly, we get to wear jeans every day. I LOVE jeans every day! We also start summer hours next weekend. It used to be that we rotated schedules and one of us worked until 4:30 and the other two left at 2:00. My boss's boss instituted a new summer schedule for the whole campus. It closes down at 3:00. I'm not sure if it is better or worse than the other schedule. On the one hand, we get to leave EVERY Friday at 3. On the other it isn't 2. :)

Awesome thing 2
I had a chocolate chip turnover from my bakery this morning. I heated it up in the microwave and it was perfect. Perfect I say! I have an orange poppyseed thing for breakfast tomorrow. Yay!

Awesome thing 3
I had a good horoscope this morning: Quickie: There is sweet romance at work in your life now, and it's encouraging you to smile. Extended: There are a lot of competing forces at work in your day, which could create some odd illusions and add up to a very unpredictable twenty-four hours. There is some sweet romance at work in your life now, and it is giving you all the encouragement you need to keep thinking positive and hoping for the best. Keep the lines of communication open with the people you want to get to know better. If you are ready for more, then let them know.

Awesome thing 4
I'm a great aunt. (Or a potential felon, you can decide) My nephew's birthday present is wrapped and ready to ship off. What did I get him... Rum. Two bottles of rum. Currently he is under 21 (which is why I'm a potential felon) but he turns 21 on the 16th so it is the perfect present, right? :) (Especially considering he lives with my parents.)

5 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Thing #1: Better now.

Thing #4: Dude, you so can't ship LIQUOR! But that totally rocks. :)

Joanne said...

Whoops! I guess that explains why I couldn't find it mail order. :) Oh well, like they're going to know... :D

Peeved Michelle said...

I hope you don't go to prison! It would be sad if you weren't at my baby shower.

Stephen said...

I will totally bail you out.

Or provide you with a healthy string of conjugal visits. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18994457/

Joanne said...

Stephen, considering you are poised to become my only Seattle friend (is it weird that I seem to be going through a friend a year?), it is reassuring that you will bail me out. However, as far as I know I'm not a lesbian so same sex conjugal visits won't work for me. Plus we live in WA not CA. :)

PM, I will try very hard not to go to jail. Maybe I can get our old workstudy who is now an attorney to represent me. Ignorance is 9/10ths of the law right? :)