Wednesday, June 13, 2007

IE vs Firefox & Blogger

So I may or may not have revealed that recently I pulled IE 7 back off the computer. I hated it and it was logjamming the computer so I was done with it.

When I did that, though, a mysterious thing happened. Blogger stopped working in IE. The links wouldn't click. So at home I started using firefox if I knew I wanted to use blogger. Periodically I'd go back to IE to try it out and then things got weirder. Posts I would make at home using firefox wouldn't show up but posts that I did at work using IE would. So there'd be gaps in posts. (Using the home IE. The work IE had no issues like that even though I'm still using IE6 at work too.). It was altogether weird.

The point being that last night when I went online and checked out my blog using firefox I discovered the new masthead is about an inch too long. But when I look at it using IE it is just fine. That annoys me and could explain why when I did the first layout change using firefox it didn't seem like it was too short but when I looked at it on IE I could see that it was. But this means that when I change the masthead at home I'm always going to be changing it just wrong and since I can't use IE at home with blogger. Grr...

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I know someone who might be able to help.

It's pretty common for IE and Firefox to render differently ~ unfortunately.