Sunday, June 24, 2007

Camping Sweatshirt

I have a green sweatshirt from college that I love. I still wear it even though it is falling apart and now after this weekend, it stinks. Well, I guess that would depend on your definition of stinks. :) I just pulled it out of the dryer and apparently rather than washing out the smoke smell from campfire, it is now thoroughly entrenched in the sweatshirt.

The encampment weekend was very fun. I had a really good time. It was nice to be the director without the weight of my own troop there. Although on Friday I felt very restless because I couldn't figure out what to do with myself. Saturday, though, I was zooming all over the place. And I liked the fact I could focus on what I needed to for the encampment without obsessing what the girls were doing.

We had s'mores on Saturday night and usually we only allow 1 s'more per girl, but I had so much supplies I let them get an unprecedented 2nd smore. I also let them toast their own marshmallows which we usually don't allow them to do. (Usually there are so many kids that that project is a nightmare. We have the grown ups toast and make the s'mores and the kids just receive them. They were really cute about it. I had my 4 toasting sticks and we borrowed a toasting stick from someone else and let 5 girls at a time do their toasting. We only had about 38 girls total. It was a very small encampment.

I went to catch the ferry to come back to Seattle and by the time I got there, the one was full and the next wasn't until 3:00. It was 12:20 in the afternoon. I flipped around and took the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. That took me only about an hour and a half so I didn't lose a lot of time by not taking the ferry. (The ferry is 1 hour). But the traffic sucked and I was so tired that I was definitely struggling with staying awake.

All in all, I had a good time. It was a nice weekend and there were some relaxing moments. (Plus I got to watch The Office on my iPod... :D )

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I WANT A SMORE!

Dangitabity, I wanna go camping again so I can have more s'mores. Maybe we should go camping sometime :)