Monday, June 25, 2007

Put the wild in wild animals...

I forgot to mention the coolest thing about camping. I saw 4 cute little garter snakes. Three of them were in the field where we play games so I think perhaps our thumping around must've rousted them. But even cooler...

I had been sitting at the fire circle putting out the fire (after our unprecedented 2nd smore. :) ) and a group of kids came out on a "bat hunt." They wanted to see bats. So they were standing around the fire circle with a leader and they kept seeing maybe 1. Once the fire was almost entirely out (the coals were gone but I could tell the logs were still hot) I got up to go and walked back towards my cabin. I was walking on this boardwalk when something dove by my head. I stood and looked around and realized there were bats everywhere. There were a good 10 - 15 playing over the lake right where I was and swooping and diving. It was awesome. I went back to where the kids were and brought them back to the bats. We stood there for a good 1/2 hour watching the bats swoop and fly and zig and zag. It was awesome.

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

I am pretty sure I would have screamed my damn head off at the snakes.