Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy as a bee

Yesterday I went to see two of my girls' dance recitals. They were so cute! Is it weird that I do this? Theoretically I'm attending the 5th grader's graduation on Thursday. The girls invited me, I just don't know the time yet. Apparently I do have a way with the kiddos. The cousin of one of my dancing girls was there and we talked and played a silly game about being the toll bridge. Apparently she doesn't talk to strangers. It took her 8 months to speak to her PE teacher. Hee.

Today I handed out programs at my employer's graduation. It was a lot of fun actually. It was exhausting though. I was up and out at 6:50 to be there by 7:30. Y'all should be proud of me... I walked there. Of course that's mostly because I am a ditz. We held the graduation at Qwest field. For those of y'all not from Seattle, there is a set of streets that are pairs where there are 2 streets share the same first initial. So it is Pike and Pine, Union and University (I live between these 2), Seneca and Spring, Madison and Minor, Cherry and Columbia and Jefferson and James. Except I always forget that it is Jefferson and James and think it is Jackson and James. So when I got the directions from the bus it said get on the bus at 6th and Seneca and get off at 6th and Jackson. Jackson's so close, I thought. I could walk it. Well, it turns out I was wrong but it still isn't that far anyway. According to Mapquest it is only about a mile and a half. It was fun and tiring and I got some studying for my test done during the actual ceremony so that was good too. :)

Next weekend there is absolutely nothing on the schedule. Nothing. Yay!!

No comments: