Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dig a duck... Dig a duck... Dig a geoduck...

Last night after I studied and while I was watching Top Chef, I googled camp songs. In the basement of my apartment in my storage unit is a computer that has every camp song I know on it. Unfortunately said computer is 12 years old, in the basement of my apartment building and buried in the back so it isn't easily accessible. So I googled camp songs to try to remember the ones I've known. I know a lot of camp songs and I was sad to see on some of the lists there were a lot I didn't know and the ones I could remember pieces of weren't there. (Michelle, I suspect all the verses of Mushroom Madness may be lost forever I tried googling even just a phrase and couldn't find it.) The other part of the problem, for the ones I recognized the words of, I couldn't for the life of me find the tune in my head. Most camp songs have that ubiquitous tune that's sort of like Turkey in the Straw combined with something else, but sometimes the words don't fit with that. There were several songs that I went, Oh I love this song but then for the life of me couldn't come up with just the right tune. I learned the Geoduck song at the camp I volunteered for earlier in May and I think it is really fun, but have not a clue how the tune goes. Ooh, maybe I should add the words to my list anyway because maybe someone else knows the tune. Good thought, me. :)

For Michelle because if she remembers this one she'll remember just how awful it was...

Stay on the sunnyside
Only on the sunnyside
Stay on the sunnyside of life
Nah nah nah nah nah nah
You'll feel no pain as I drive you all insane
Stay on the sunnyside of life

Knock knock
Who's there
Ehter
Ether who?
Ether bunny!
Yay!

There is more but I'll let it stop there. :)

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about. Except for the geoduck, b/c my sister made me watch Top Chef last weekend.

Peeved Michelle said...

I could barely remember the camp songs from one week to the next. I bet Janel has them all neatly typed up in a book she could photocopy and mail to you.