Friday, July 20, 2007

Animal Kingdom

Today we spent the day at Animal Kingdom. We had a really good time today too. We rode the new Everest roller coaster 3 times! Almost every ride we were able to just walk on to or had a wait not longer than 40 minutes. There was a time we walked past the Everest roller coaster and the line was 80 minutes but when we walked past it later in the day it was 20 minutes. We also walked on to the rapids ride twice, getting soaked on the 2nd round. I am still not sunburned. Are you impressed? I totally am. (Of course I'm spraying myself down with sunscreen every 2 to 3 hours so that helps.) The only bad part of the day was late in the day when we were bitten by these flying biting ants. Those were not good. And there was nary a spider to be seen to help with those. Although one of the cast members said something about calling pest control. I kind of want to know how they deal with that since the whole park is all about rock and twig environmentalism.

We came home early since the park closes at 8. We ate some Wendys (cheapest meal we've had so far) and then hopped into the pool. It was so nice just to float and bob along. The water is WARM here. It was so so so warm. I don't think I've ever been in a pool that warm.

My feets are killing me. My tendon is unhappy with me and my back is threatening to go on strike, but how can I complain when I'm having so damn much fun?

Tomorrow we are going to Epcot and MGM and then we leave tomorrow night up to where my sister lives. Sunday I think we are going tubing down a river and Monday we're off to the beach. Yay! And then I fly back on Tuesday.

I did not break a bra today either. That's happy. :)

3 comments:

Stephen said...

You pick on the rock n twiggers, but you crave the spiders... you know you do :) Do the biting flies itch? Or is it just painful? Were you swinging your arms like a madwoman?

I'm slightly stuffy from the weird rainy weather we've had the last few days (since you took your sunshine smile away). But tomorrow is supposed to be a rafting trip with my old college alumni. I'm really excited to go, and hopeful that we'll get to be silly ~ and a teensy bit safe.

must.have.pictures of AK!

Totally miss you, hon <3

Kate the Peon said...

Yay for continued fun! Keep up the sunburn free vacay!

Joanne said...

I LOVE the spiders! You know that. :D I also love bats which are awesome.

The biting ants itch for a few minutes but then it stops. But they do hurt/sting initially too.