Thursday, July 05, 2007

Is Robert Ludlum the VC Andrews of spy novels?

In the airport on the way to CA I bought the Bourne Ultimatum. I bought it mostly because there were not a lot of choices in the book section of the airport and then also because I really like the other two Bourne movies. (I think I may even own them which is a surprising thing for me since I mostly love chick flicks and Disney.) I've digressed... I bought the book and I like it (although it is going to take me forever to read it because I really have to READ it and not just gloss over it like I usually do with chick lit.). So I thought I'd go and get the other two Bourne books from the library today after work when I drop off the 11 I have recently read. (Ok 3 of those are recordings/books about dancing for Scouts). I go to the library catalog and I find all these Bourne books published after Ludlum's death. It was kind of weird.

Edited: I followed Michelle's suggestion and found this on Wikipedia: "He died in 2001, reportedly leaving behind several unpublished manuscripts and rough outlines, which continue to be dusted off and published with the help of ghostwriters. Ludlum also published books under the pseudonyms Jonathan Ryder and Michael Shepherd." So basically he IS the VC Andrews of spy novels. :)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Look it up on Wikipedia!

Stephen said...

plus Matt Damon is hawt. Even a tiny bit in Talented Mr. Ripley