Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Cal-I-Fornia here I come

Actually I'm back, didja miss me?

I left on Friday morning. Stephen generously took me to the airport. That's friendship for ya... since I had to be there at 6:00. :)

After I checked in, my sister called to change my ticket. Apparently I could get to Phoenix with no problem, but leaving Phoenix to LA was not going to happen. So she re-routed me through Vegas. I lost a whole $9.00 in the Vegas airport. I'm usually against gambling in the airport because that just seems weird to me, but I was honestly bored. I was late landing, which is ironic because Michelle posted a peeve that she left her blackberry in the car and hoped I wasn't calling to let her know I was going to be late.

We had a good visit, I believe. Her baby shower was fun and I got to see people I don't usually see. It wasn't too showery which is always nice. We got to decorate onesies and little t-shirts which is fun and lets me be 'crafty.' We made ice cream sandwiches which turned out awesome. They were so yummy I may have to try this at home. (Really it was 2 cookies with vanilla or chocolate or strawberry ice cream smooshed in between them but seriously was soooo good. :) ) She got a million and one pink outfits (ok maybe just a million).

Sunday we went to a different baby shower. This one was less fun for me. I didn't know anyone and had only the most tenuous relationship with the mother-to-be. (I had met her the day before at Michelle's shower.) It was also a little fancy schmancy for me which was why Michelle's was more fun! :) (Better food at Michelle's most definitely).

Monday I flew home. Sigh. Luckily I had no flight issues and even though I was standby on both my flights, I got decent seats. No crappy middle row for me! :) And then again Stephen picked me up at the airport. How luxurious is that?! :)

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Thanks for being patient while we sat in traffic :) And extra thanks for being such a sweetie with Benni while he vented... *grins*

Peeved Michelle said...

I hope you had a good time. If I wasn't carting around anothing human being in my guts, I might have had more energy to do more stuff. Also, that swelling of my feet and ankles was seriously creeping me out. It was much better today.

I can't wait to see all the decorated onesies tomorrow when I go to my mom's. I only saw some of them during the shower.

Kate the Peon said...

I did miss you! Glad you're back safely. I want pictures of the onesies!