Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I LOATHE UPS!!!!!

My head might explode at my impotent rage at UPS. And since it is 10:00 at night there's nothing I can do about it at this time. But seriously. SERIOUSLY. I am so angry.

I ordered a fan from Amazon.com and it was supposed to be delivered today. I made sure I was going to get home as close to 4:30 as I could because usually UPS comes in the early evening or right after work. I waited and waited. I moved my dinner plans from 6 to 6:30. And then talked to LiDay at 6:30 and said the package hadn't come yet and I waited some more. Finally at 7:00 I risked going online to find out where my package was. There's now a notation set at 5:22 in the tracking system that the package was damaged. So I call UPS to find out what the next step is. I'm told that since the package was damaged they would be returning it and the sender would be contacting me. So I go out to dinner and come home at 9:30. I log in to see if I've received any communication from Amazon about my package and I see that according to the UPS site, I REFUSED DELIVERY. Allegedly I did this at 8:30. Now I'm livid. I wasn't here at 8:30 and I didn't do it. I don't know if this is their standard operating procedure but I'm totally pissed. I call UPS and of course you can't get a real person. I do the track the package thing and am told that the recepient refused delivery. So I keep saying customer service over and over into the voice recognition thing and then I discover that they are closed. So I go to amazon.com and email them. I don't want it to seem like I refused the package and this somehow negatively affect me with regards to my fan. I also pointed out that if they were trying to reship it to me I'm out of town next and I won't be able to receive it and UPS won't leave it since I'm an apartment dweller. I have had it with UPS. I wish I could find vendors that don't use them at all.

Also weird, I ordered two things from Amazon at the same time to get the "super saver shipping" and one came UPS (the fan) and the other is coming via USPS, the Wicked Soundtrack.

No comments: