Monday, July 16, 2007

Camping!

I'll post photos later, but I did finally download all the photos off my camera. (I had to, I only had space for about 12 photos left and goodness knows I'm going to Disney World this week so I'll need all the space I can get!)

You know a camping trip is good when it ends with a tetnus shot. :) Or at least at the end you have to go get a tetnus shot. I'm going today at 11:30 because I stepped on something Saturday night that punched a hole in the bottom of my left foot. I then proceeded to walk around most of the night and next morning barefoot because although the bottom of my foot hurt, the sides of my feet hurt worse. My Tevas tear up part of my pinky toes. I always forget that's why I don't wear them for long periods of time, but I can wear them once in a while. I have a difficult relationship with shoes. :)

We all had a very good time. It was a seafood fiesta for dinner on Sat night. There was so much food. It was amazing. Big R & boyfriend, J, had shrimp and tuna and crab and oysters. Little hands had crab and oysters. M had clams and crab. And then there was me who doesn't do sea food with my kabobs. But they were giant so I shared some of that too.

On Saturday we spent the morning at Tillamook Cheese Factory and then we spent the early afternoon on the beach. I'm sunburned. (Again to blistering on one of my arms which is alarming.) It seems to be happening more frequently. I sprayed down with sunblock but maybe not enough or not enough time between spraying and going in the water. Big R, J and I all played in the waves. It was so much fun!!! Although the undertow was pretty severe and we really found ourselves rocked by the waves. It was a lot of fun!

Later J and I played scrabble and Big R & M took a nap. Littlehands was trying to get the net on Big R's sidekick but apparently it was having trouble. Cell reception is spotty there. Sometimes just moving a few inches made me get bars when before I couldn't.

Sunday morning, though, sucked. It was so wet outside and the tent I was in leaked like a seive. Seriously. I woke up to this cold feeling on my arm... which was tucked inside my sleeping bag. The water had dripped onto my sleeping bag and eventually seeped through. Also I forgot to bring my 2nd pair of pants so I had only 1 pair the whole weekend. Also sometime Saturday afternoon the only bra I had brought with me broke and so I was being jabbed by underwire for the next day and a half. Also the one pair of pants I did bring got soaked in the leaky tent debacle and so I ended up wearing my gray pajama shorts all day on Sunday. We packed up and got out of the camp FAST that morning. It was so miserable. I think if I wasn't so wet I would've been more amenable to staying longer but everything was wet. Luckily it was hot and sunny here in Seattle and when I took everything that got wet - sleeping bag, sleeping pad, chair and pillow - out to the building's patio it dried in less than an hour. Awesome.

I'm hoping my tent doesn't leak so that when I go camping with Stephen in two (three?) weeks I won't have a repeat experience. Or I suppose I could just hope it doesn't rain. :)

1 comment:

Kate the Peon said...

UGH. I hate being rained on and then being all soggy.