Wednesday, November 01, 2006

De-nied

I went to donate blood yesterday and after undergoing rigorous testing, (ok finger pricking and taking the big whopping drop of blood) my blood didn't sink in that tube of green water. So she gathered up a bunch more and took it and spun it and discovered what I already knew... my hematocrit (iron) was only 34. Strangely I already knew this because at 4:05 my doctor's office called and told me that it was low but for some reason it didn't register in my head at all that this could impede my blood donation. I was sad. I was especially sad since they had called because they needed more blood of my type.

I got paid yesterday which is ever so exciting so I went grocery shopping as I had no food. I spent $50 and bought no food that had any nutritional value at all. Now I will say that gluten-free food is expensive, but honestly this was appalling. I looked like a frat guy except I had no beer. Mmmm... but I do now have cake and icing and cookies and corn chips. :)

This week's vegetable attempt is green snap peas. I'm going to try them fresh with maybe a little bit of ranch and hope that goes well. I really feel like I should like them. Unlike broccoli or brussel sprouts which I feel nobody should like. :)

The food network challenges are so fucking amazing. I'm watching one tonight is having the competitors make candy castles. It is phenomenal. The chocolate castle which is all dark and brooding is my favorite by far. I do wonder what happens to all the different end pieces.

I've had Flight Plan sitting on my table for a whole week. I don't think I'm going to end up watching it. Up next, though, is Anne of Green Gables. I love that movie.

1 comment:

Kate the Peon said...

Anne with an e!