Monday, November 27, 2006

It is snowing!

Can you believe it?!

I just got back from sunny, warm, California to SNOW. IN November! That doesn't happen.

I arrived in California Tuesday night. We stopped at El Pollo Loco which I love and we don't have in Seattle and then went to Michelle's. It was kind of late when we got in so I think we just watched a little TV and went to bed.

Wednesday we went to brunch. I love brunch! :) We also went to the grocery store and did a few other things I think. I can't remember because clearly I'm old and my mind is going. Mmm... we did eat dinner at Wood Ranch which is a bbq/steak place. I LOVE BBQ/steak places. It was on my list of places to eat. :)

Thursday was Thanksgiving. We slept in and went over to her mom's for dinner. That was nice although a lot of people which usually makes me a bit uncomfortable. This time there were people not usually there too so that added on to it. We spent the evening planning our Friday assault. We ended up with a lot of stores to hit and the need to be up and out and to our destination by 5:00. Surprisingly a lot of our usual shopping spots were not on this year's list. We said no to Kohl's, and KMart. Michelle boycotts Sears and Mervyns so both of them were off the list. We are not masochists so Best Buy was not happening either. I did, however, put in a request to go to Circuit City and JC Penney's so I could get the snow globe and Grey's Anatomy Season 1 on DVD for cheap for my mom.

Friday the alarm went off early EARLY! We were out the door before 5:00 and I was in line at Circuit City by 4:50. Unfortunately, this Circuit City is only capable of holding 150 people so they could only let in a few at a time. By 5:45, I gave up and we headed to Target. The shopping continued and suddenly it was 10:00 AM and we were done. We had been everywhere we wanted to go, including a second Circuit City (which was huge but didn't have any Grey's Anatomy Season 1 left, hello Amazon.) and we were done by 10:00. That's awesome. We also discovered that rather than go south and drive all over, we could've gone north to one big shopping plaza that has almost all the places we wanted to go. Oh well. We know for next time. :) We got back and wrapped presents and then she had more places to shop so I stayed back and took a nap. Naps are lovely and awesome and I love them.

Saturday we went to the movies and saw the one with Will Ferrell. I can't think of the name of it right now and I don't feel like looking it up. :) It was good, although I was a bit sleepy, so somewhere through the middle I felt like I was dozing off. I did enjoy it, though, and liked how it ended. I had been wondering where it would go and I'm glad it went where it did. We also decorated gingerbread houses. This is an activity I will never feel the need to repeat. It was not fun. (Although royal icing is so yummy, I think I made myself sick eating it. :)

Sunday we had brunch. We spent most of the day doing our craft for this year, glass etching. I had a good time with it. It took a lot of work and initially I thought it was far more fidgety than I like a craft to be, but once I got the rhythm down I really liked it. I liked my results. I did a bunch of ornaments for my girls and 4 cups. We also saw Happy Feet. It went somewhere I didn't expect. I liked most of it, but in as much as I wouldn't want to watch a children's movie where the virtues of war were extolled I got a bit peeved by what I considered to be rather liberal propaganda seemingly elbowed in. And I say this as a pretty liberal person.

This morning I was up and out at the butt crack of dawn and to the airport early early early. All in all it was a great trip! I got to relax and sleep late and read. I also watched a bunch of episodes of The Office. I think I may be converted. It is funny as hell. On the one hand I want Jim and Pam to get together, on the other I like the unrequitedness of it. :)

3 comments:

... said...

I can't believe it is snowing either. I am watching the football game and it is unbelievable.

You are a brave soul to venture out on Black Friday...I never partake in it. Shopping is not my thing at all.

Sounds like you had an awesome trip. I have a friend named Michelle that lives in AZ (used to live in SoCal when we were in college there). I might be flying to visit her after the first of the year.

Your craft sounded like fun. I need to get going on my christmas cards for this year or I am never going to get them out...

Kate the Peon said...

What a lame Circuit City!

Was there gluten-free food at TG? Every time I see some I think of you!

I love naps too.

I want to see Stranger Than Fiction but probably will wait til it's on TV, cuz I'm lame that way.

Gingerbread houses suck.

More details (and pics!) on the glass etching, please!

Jodi said...

Mmmm...Wood Ranch is good...I've only been there once though.