Sunday, November 12, 2006

So many pits!

The other day at work a very cute little old man who I had been helping with his retirement paperwork (he has retired) came in for some final signatures from me to finish the process. I had actually called for him to get the papers and then called back to get the right papers when the first ones were wrong. English was not his first language. He was so nice and as a thank you he brought me an orange and a persimmon! That was so cool, yet weird. I ate the orange for breakfast this morning and it had so many seeds that I was kind of surprised. There were about 3 per segment. I am slightly afraid of the persimmon because I did a wikipedia search and discovered that when they are good they are good but when bad, very very bad.

I was cooking dinner tonight and discovered that I'm out of water chestnuts. I hate it when that happens - I usually buy several cans at once so I don't have to. I also thought I had purchased more sauce packets than I found in the drawer. I only had hot & spicy. I should go back to menu planning and only shop once a week. I feel like I spent less money when I did that.

I apparently am doomed to have a dog living across the hall from me forever. One of the 3 college girls that lived across the hall moved out and another one moved in. The new one has a dog. (I feel compelled to share with you that when Michelle, her sister, our friend Amynorbie and I all lived together in Little Beirut the toothless man and the other inbreeders would refer to us as "the college girls in the back.") She claims that new little dog does not bark, but we shall see.

Tonight I think I shall bake cupcakes and muffins. Or maybe cookies and scones. Or maybe muffins and cookies. I can't decide. BUT I do have fun star shaped cupcake foil wrappers that I shall use. :)

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

No fair! I made pumpkin muffins tonight but my grocery store didn't have the liners. I actually went to Target to look, too, and they also failed me.

Unknown said...

Jo and KtP - You're just way too domesticated for me. If it doesn't come in a box or frozen, I don't cook it. :P

I hope your cookies, scones, or muffins turn out great, though.