Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday adventure!

(Ok unrelated but how sad is it that I'm trying to decide between a show about the KKK on the history channel and Hollywood's 20 horrifying murders on E!?) (I had to choose the E! show. The KKK are just too creepy.)

Big R & I went to the Seattle Asian Art Museum today. The first Saturday and Thursday of the month are free days so that was nice. (Although entrance fee is just $5 so that isn't too big a crisis). The current exhibit is the many faces of Buddha. It was really rather cool. Some of the sculptures we were looking at were from the 3rd and 4th century. How amazing is that to think that some of these intricate sculptures survived almost 2000 years! It was just so cool.

After that we went walking in Volunteer Park. It was raining a lot. We went into the greenhouse which was beautiful. The first room is mostly orchids. I don't know what kind of flowers the 2nd room contained, but the smell was beautiful. And then we checked out the cacti and succulents and finally bromeliads in the 4th room. We also go to walk up the stairs in the water tower. The views all around were very cool. Although it was rather gray outside. All in all it was a really fun day!

1 comment:

... said...

Sounds awesome...I need to start making a list of the places you visit so I can see them when I come out that way...I know my dad and his wife would enjoy them too.