Saturday, November 11, 2006

More exhausting than work.

I had today off due to Veteran's Day. One advantage of the university is that we get a lot of random days off. Isa and I took her dog to the vet this morning and picked the dog up this afternoon. Isa doesn't know how to drive so I drove her in the flexcar. All was fine in the morning. We got to the vet and and home in 2 hours which was the time I allotted. At 2:00 we went to pick up the dog. We made the stupid mistake of going up to the evil empire to visit Big R. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time. It took us less than 10 minutes to get from Kirkland to Bellevue (Redmond?). We only stayed about 10 minutes which left us 50 minutes to get back to Seattle. Since it only took 30 minutes to get to Kirkland, I wasn't worried. An hour and a half later we were still stuck in traffic and hadn't even reached the bridge. I had to call and extend the flexcar but couldn't because there was someone scheduled to use it. Luckily they managed to rearrange that other person so we could extend, although the worst part was, I ended up pulling the car into the lot about 5 minutes later than I was supposed to return the car! Crazy.

I also tried donating blood today. I'm still too iron deficient. Sigh. I'll try again in a couple of weeks maybe. They keep calling me. Apparently there is a need for A- blood.

I've had the wickedest headache ever today. I kind of can't wait to go to bed and I'm hoping it will make my headache to go away.

Tomorrow morning I have a meeting at 9:00. I have to leave at about 7:30 in the morning to get there and be ready on time. This will be 2 mornings of my weekend that I got up and out before I usually do for work. Crikey.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yep, there must be an A-negative blood shortage all around. I got called the other day for a specific baby in the hospital where I work, but my iron was too low also.

Robin said...

Time to start eating spinach salad. With bacon....mmmm.