Sunday, November 14, 2004

Bridget Jones & Hockey... a review

Last night I went and saw the Seattle Thunderbirds at the Key Arena. I went with a coworker and her husband. They clearly sit in the seats we sat in regularly because they knew everyone around us and talked a lot to them. It was a good game. The Seattle team won by 2 points. The players are all pretty young, so it is like a college game almost. But unlike a college game where there are offenses called every minute or 2, they let these kids get pretty far. There were something like 3 fights. Even though I'm against violence, there's something about a hockey fight... It is the one outlet I have to get out my aggression. (Damn cujo just started barking again!)

Today I went and saw Bridget Jones the Edge of Reason. If I hadn't just reread the book I may not have been as agitated by the glaring and sometimes unnecessary changes in story. It was cute though, and as a sequel it was fine. However, I really need to lay off the romantic comedies, watch a nice bloody action movie or something.

Final thought... work study student (and I know I've been talking about him a lot lately, he has been in my office a lot lately) agrees that I give off a don't fuck with me vibe. We were discussing the bus and riding the bus and I told him my theory that I give off that vibe, he was like "Yeah you do." Then he tried to backpedal when I glared at him.

No comments: