Friday, November 05, 2004

Gah! My mother...

There's a reason I never tell my parents anything or ask them for advice. Mostly because they always go overboard. That and they treat me like I'm a moron when really, I'm not. Well, and then there's the fact that they don't listen and on the rare aoccassions they do, the situation is somehow my fault. Two examples. I was once crying... CRYING on the phone ot my mother about a horrible job situation. In the middle of my telling her about it, she said "Did I tell you about the new Noah's Ark windchime I bought?" That was pretty much it. After that I didn't bother. Huh... I just found a previous post where I griped about her...

So against my better judgement and because she used to be a realtor, I asked her opinion on a coop I was looking at. And by looking at I mean I saw an ad that seemed kind of interested and I was trying to decide if I even wanted to call the guy. This was 2 weeks ago. Since then she has been obsessing about me purchasing property, and not in a good way. First she keeps sending me links to properties. And then there was today's IM...

1karrol says:
My subconscious has been working on the question of your interest in a condo/coop/??? I'm just going to type straightaway. These are things that came to mind. How do you pay for major changes (i.e. new roof)? How old are your heating and airconditioning units. Is each owner responsible for his/hers/its? When was the building inspected last? What were the findings? Can I speak to a tenant who is not related to you? You need to know what the physical plant is like and how it is kept up. You don't want to find you have a maintenance bill of $8,000 this month. How are the elevators maintained. When were they rebuilt (unless you're on the ground or second floor. Then you don't really care. See what I mean? We're talking about your house here. Termite inspections? Bug infestations?

Jesus fucking christ. What am I 9? Yeah I've never purchased a home before, but it isn't like I'm going to buy a new place to live the same way I buy a new pair of shoes. Or a pack of bubble gum at the store. I am fairly sure she didn't put my little sister through all this and she bought a foreclosure house for fuck's sake! Christ, this is why I don't ask her things...

No comments: