Sunday, November 07, 2004

Wandering downtown

Today after all of my other frustrations, I decided to go downtown and check out this rock & twig store that advertised a Gluten Free section. Let me tell you, 3 varieties of Pamela's Gluten Free cookies does not a Gluten Free section make. And thanks asshats for putting them with the low carb crap as if my diet falls into the fad diet catagory.

I caught the bus to Broadway to check out the newly redone QFC (formerly my favorite store Fred Meyer) because hypothetically the rock & twig section stayed the same as when it was Fred Meyer. I must give off a serious don't fuck with me vibe because the bus was fairly full and yet the new people getting on the bus never sat with me. They'd take the seat next to the crazy smelly guy before sitting next to me. More power to them and I get an entire bus seat all to myself. :) I have found a new breed of random stopper. The get off the bus and stop person forcing me to ram into them as I get off the bus. Yes you are now on firm ground, yes there are stores in front of you, now get the fuck out of my way.

The rock & twig section of Fred Meyer did NOT stay the same so no new crackers for me and I was forced (FORCED I say) to make chocolate chip muffins. :)

I'm very excited (and this is a somewhat sad thing to be excited about) that I have a conference to attend on Monday and Tuesday. I will be learning all about the exciting world of Medicare and Medigap coverage. It will help me help our employees so that's a good thing. PLUS we have Thursday off because of Veteran's Day so I have all of 2 days at work next week. AND my boss is coming in on Monday instead of Friday so I have 0 days with my boss at work.

Finally, if you are at the mall with your small children. Pay fucking attention to them! The mall was somewhat crowded (nowhere near what it will become) yesterday and there's this woman pushing a stroller full of packages calling out "Megan" or whatever little kid's name was. If she is small enough to still ride in a stroller, you should probably pay better attention to her. Maybe leash her or you know, make her ride in the stroller.

Final thought, when did Sarafina come back into style as a name? I've heard it twice in the last month or so. I like it and actually thought about using it if through some freak chance I ever had a kid. BUT it seems the baby names I like have a tendency to come into vogue. Emma, I loved the name Emma, but now thanks to Friends I can't have it because I won't be THAT mom. :)

No comments: