Monday, November 01, 2004

Moral Turpitude, part two

Well, his moral turpitude extends beyond brotherly threesomes and campus sexcapades to include cheating on a spouse. Witness our recent (as in still going on) IM conversation.

Michelle says:
did you ever cheat on anyone?
Cheater says:
depends, kinda a gray area
Michelle says:
why gray?
Cheater says:
yes I have
Michelle says:
did anyone ever cheat on you?
Cheater says:
um I thing so
Cheater says:
why?
Michelle says:
watching an oprah about cheaters
Michelle says:
and this one woman is staying with her husband who cheated
Michelle says:
and i have a friend who stayed with her husband after he cheated
Michelle says:
if i ever found out bryan cheated i would let him know with the divorce papers
Cheater says:
I think that in many cases it is still a fairly good idea to stay with your husband or wife after a cheaing episode
Michelle says:
hell no
Michelle says:
why would i want to be with anyone who would do that to another person?
Cheater says:
The way I see it is that a marriage is a commitment of life togather because it is important to both persons. Just because one of em got some on the side would not necessarily denote grounds to end a life long commitment that was so important to both people
Cheater says:
I mean really what actuall harm is done
Cheater says:
Its not like your husbands prick has not ever been in another woman
Michelle says:
well, it is a commitment like a contract. bound by certain terms which are agreed to by b oth parties
Michelle says:
if one party breaches the contract by violating one of the terms, forget it
Cheater says:
the act itself is not really anything new, just the date after which it took place
Michelle says:
so then i am thinking you should probably stay single
Michelle says:
or find someone who agrees with your terms
Michelle says:
i do not
Cheater says:
well, I am just saying that if you are married to the right person I dont think that a single act of indescretion is worth ending this holy sacred alliance between two people if it is really that great of a union which it should be if you get married then an accidental slip up should not be enough to end such a union
Michelle says:
my argument is that if you are married to the right person, there are no accidental slip ups
Michelle says:

if it is that great, there is no reason for it
Cheater says:
we are only human, and humans make mistakes period.
Michelle says:
a mistake is buying crunchy instead of plain peanut butter, not slipping your dick into some woman who isn't your wife
Cheater says:
the woman I cheated on was one I never thought I would. I was really into her...but one night I got really drunk and blacked, I came too because of a pain to my neck which was this woman on top of me given me a hicky while my shlong was in her.
Cheater says:
I had been an active participant but not really consciously aware of it until the pain
Cheater says:
slipping your dick into another woman phsically hurts no one, I would think a single act of violance would be grounds for ending a marriage.
Cheater says:
and emotionally hurts no one if she dont ever find out
Michelle says:
but is that really the kind of person you want to be?
Cheater says:
what kind?
Michelle says:
the kind who doesn't care about another person's feelings... a person who you would presumably care enough about to marry or otherwise commit to?
Cheater says:
Um no, this was not my description of someone I was aspiring to be, just pointing out facts
Michelle says:

well, you seem to agree with that reasoning
Cheater says:
I just think that the holy vow of marriage should withstand a single act of indescretion that phyically hurts no one
Cheater says:
God forgives and probably expects us to forgive people too.
Now someone who is a cheater as oppoosed to an accidental shaggin should lose his or her significant other
Michelle says:
well, i think anyone who would break such an important promise is capable of more than one "indiscretion" and i am not going to stick around for an encore
Cheater says:
to each her own
Michelle says:
ya, no agreeing on this one
Cheater says:
nope

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Really, there is very little Cheater and what I would consider average people agree on.

Peeved Michelle said...

Someday, some woman is going to punch him right in the mouth.

:D said...

Since when is it that cheating doesn't hurt anyone. It still causes emotional and mental pain and possibly scarring. That guy has some messed up thinking. Why commit if you think there's a loop hole to get through? That's not really commitment. Crazy men. lol.