Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Here's some oldness for you....
My team at work had a training in time management. During that training we talked about the Franklin Planner system. We all got high on glue fumes or something and thought it would totally help us manage our time at work if we had Franklin Planners. So we expensed some. Now, since I am the only who has used one before, I had to give a little talk about tips and tricks to using the Franklin Planner system. So, I got out my old planner, which is HUGE, that I used for like five years before Palm Pilots got to be so popular. I miss that thing. I brought it out of cold storage so that I could illustrate the differences between then and now. I also could have done that by showing a picture of a drunk, slutty me dating back to the same era as the giant Franklin Planner.
This is how it makes me old:
1- I just told a long, boring story thinking it might be interesting to other people.
2- I long for a time when I had to write everything on paper (with cute colored pens) instead of just using Outlook.
3- I never really took to the Palm Pilot and much prefer my paper-based planner. In fact, I am reverting to paper-based and selling my Palm clones on eBay.
4- I am bundled up in a sweater, complaining about the cold and random pains in my body.

No comments: