Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Reflections upon driving post 'the incident', Flexcar and how much I hate Old Navy Commercials

SO tonight I drove for the first time since the brakes went out on beloved Ben exactly 2 weeks ago. (ONLY 2? It seems like forever ago). I didn't think this would've effected (actually I think proper it is affected but I'm not sure) me at all. I was wrong. I was sitting at these stop lights on the big hills that are between Boren and Brownies and I was having almost a mini panic attack. I kept sitting there thinking "Am I rolling back?" "I'm rolling." "The brakes are not holding." Even though the whole time I could logically see that I wasn't rolling back as the cars around me were not moving I was having tiny freak outs. The drive home was much better but I kept putting on the brakes way before I needed to thinking that they wouldn't hold or that I needed the additional stopping distance. I totally didn't.

I was having a difficult time driving the Flexcar, but not for the reasons one would think. Mostly I was having a hard time driving because the car was so easy to drive. I am not used to having an automatic, with power steering and power brakes. There was no work! :) I barely had to turn the wheel and the car turned... it was so weird. :) I picked up the car at 5:30, but was a tiny bit worried because at like 5:25 the car wasn't there yet so I kept wandering up and down the street waiting. I didn't want to like stalk the guy though so I waited until he was gone before I got in. The car opened with my little card then in the glovebox was this device for me to enter my PIN so that the car would start. Very easy system. Unfortunately, I did not need all the time I had reserved it for, but I think (although don't know for certain) that I pay for the amount of time reserved unless I go over time at which I pay for that time too. :) I didn't need as much time as I reserved either, but now I know.

Old Navy commercials. I hate them. I hate them so much that I cannot go into their stores. (of course the weird smell in most Old Navy stores help deter my desire to go in too). Add to it that I think Old Navy clothes fit weirdly all adds up to an unimpressed view of Old Navy.

That's all for tonight folks. Have a great evening and only 6 more working days until vacation. (Ok one other random thought Paris Hilton is frighteningly skinny and freaky looking!)

No comments: