Tuesday, December 16, 2003

I've never really gotten over the thrill of getting mail. I know it is childish, but there's something affirming about mail. Fun mail that is. I still HATE getting all those damn AOL disks. So yesterday, excitement of excitement I got a check in the mail. This check is some random settlement that I know nothing really about but hot damn a check. Until I see the amount. Twenty five cents. TWENTY FIVE FUCKING CENTS! They spent more to send the checks (and probably for the lawyer to write the letter about my settlement) than we received. Not that I hugely care since it would've been random money anyway and I shouldn't complain but it strikes me as well silly... the whole thing. The other random mail I received. After hearing about them for years and years, I finally received the email about the guy from some African bank where if I give him this info, I can get 20% of 15 million dollars. I'm all over that one... :)

No comments: