Sunday, December 07, 2003

Houston, we have a problem. I’m smitten, the smittenest smit that ever did smitten. So we went to the Festival of Lights. I am not 100% sure it was worth the 6.00 entry fee I paid, but whatever. It was a lot of fun. They had done all the displays on the main walkway and had this awesome one of a boat battle in which one sinks the other. Out on the field they had these big baseball players which was kind of fun. It was just cool. It was also cold so hands were in pockets the whole time. We did discuss you, Vlad, and I confessed that I’m not ready for him to meet you yet. Although later when we were at his apartment he was saying that he didn’t know how to dance (rumour has it that’s a bad sign… ;) ) and I assured him you could teach him. After we left the park, we went to Jillian’s for food and pool. There were a number of company parties going on. We both had hamburgers. They weren’t great. But we did get to play a couple of games of pool. Which were just funny as hell since he was trying to comply with my "let the girl win" rule. I am apparently much worse at pool than I ever thought possible. And then we played darts! I have NEVER played with real metal tips before and I find it slightly alarming that this BAR had metal tips on their darts. It isn’t nearly as fun as the type we play, v, because (hey where did this gnat come from?) we had to keep score so mostly we didn’t. There were a couple of times when we were exchanging darts (didn’t have enough for both of us so we were sharing) where I thought oh my god I want to jump on him right now. I don’t know where those thoughts came from… ;) So while we were playing darts this asshat lights up a cigarette right underneath the “Non Smoking Area” sign. We took that as our cue to leave. And we went back to his place and he made me hot cocoa. Let me just stress this was not your usual add chocolate syrup to the milk in the microwave routine. This was serious cocoa preparation involving many steps. It was amazingly good. We sat and talked for a long time and he showed me some of his pics from when he was younger. Then we sat at the computer for an even longer time and he showed me some more pics… it was very cool. Then at 3 AM he took me home and that’s all she wrote (since there is nothing new on THAT front to tell). I can already hear you both saying, stop seeing him, but I am going to continue and suffer the anticipation because the more I hang out with him, the more I like him… Hence I’m the smittenest smit that ever did smitten.

On a wholly unrelated note, cable asshats have not turned the cable back on yet (or maybe I have this teeny tiny cord that actually WAS doing something) in any case, no cable yet… AND my volunteering at the Paramount tonight was cancelled so I have nothing to do this evening.

No comments: