Sunday, January 25, 2004

Damn, Mom's on the phone again!

I have a terrible time when my mother calls. I go through two different thought processes. On the one hand, I don't want to pick it up because really we have NOTHING to talk about. On the other, I know if I don't she'll keep calling until I do pick it up and I'll get these pathetic messages "hi joanne its your mom blah blah blah" I also hate those. Really, I have nothing to say to her. My life isn't that exciting. I never go to the Pike's Place Market (despite her asking EVERY TIME she calls) and she doesn't listen to me when I talk anyway. On the rare occassions I do share, she isn't listening and has made that abundently clear. My little sister can talk to her. Mostly I prefer to let Amanda be the one she talks to and avoid that whole bullet... I know what she was looking for. She wanted more info on the great yeti disaster since she had no idea about it. I think I don't tell her stuff about boys for 2 reasons. 1. The less she knows about my sex life the happier we both are. I'll let her believe whatever she needs to believe... 2. Somehow when things don't work out with people, it is my fault. When she asked about the yeti I gave her an even shorter version than my dad and she was like "well did you tell him you weren't looking for anything permanent" 'no mom, it was actually all him, but thanks for playing' Ok I probably take stuff from her a little too personally, but that's our relationship... she says bitchy things and I react.

No comments: