Monday, July 17, 2006

Bon Odori

I went to the Bon Odori festival on Saturday evening. Bon Odori honors the the ancestors. There was Japanese dancing and drumming. The temple was open and I went inside (and saw a guy from work actually). I didn't take any pictures inside the temple because somehow that seems wrong to me, but I did buy a set of post cards some of which had been taken inside. I had some teriyaki chicken for dinner, it wasn't as good as I get in one of the like 50 teriyaki restaurants in my area. :)

Taiko Drumming. I love the drumming. There's so much dance to it. That's the Buddhist Temple in the background.
Dancers in kimono. I really like kimono, I think they are so beautiful.
More dancers.
This is the crowded street. Basically they close off one part of the street and the dancers do a big circle up and down the street.

No comments: