Thursday, July 20, 2006

A little less deep

My previous post, while thought provoking and prompting of a lot of comments (yay) is a little deep. I'm feeling a lot more shallow today. :)

I may be moving on to a new work crush or 2. These most definitely will be the unrequited kind as opposed to the crushes with potential if I just waited around until I died (or set the precedent of making every move which I'm unwilling to do) which my current one was. There's one boy who works in my building who is just fun to look at. I must be very discreet, though, as I work in human resources and it would be very bad to get in trouble for sexual harrassment. :)

The adrenaline rush of getting up at 7:24 when your alarm is supposed to go off at 6:15 (it did but I think I turned it off) is quite a jolt. Somehow I managed to get to work on time which is even weirder when you consider how often I'm late to work in the morning. And I think I look kind of cute today in khaki capris and a sort of robin's egg blue button down shirt and brown sandals.

I went with Big R, Isa and MichelleC to dinner last night. We went to the Deluxe to get burgers on the hill. I had never been there before, but on Wednesday nights their burger plate is only $4.99 (but you have to buy a drink which is $1.85 so it isn't REALLY $4.99). The peppered bacon and Tillamook cheddar chicken sandwich (you can replace a grilled chicken breast for the burger for an extra dollar) was really good. And then I saw the best thing ever on their menu... flourless chocolate cake. YUM! It was lovely. The guy who seated us was hot. Incredibly hot. Dark hair pale eyes kind of guy. We were musing about whether or not he was gay (you know since EVERYBODY on the hill is the gay). I could swear I saw him check out Isa (boys are NOT subtle). So while we were eating, Big R asked our waitress if he was gay or straight. She laughed and said she had no idea and that had actually been a topic of conversation among the waitstaff as the guy had only been there 3 weeks. She thinks he is straight. Hee. Big R wanted to ask him, but I reminded him how pissed he was when a guy asked him outright at the law school one day.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Why was Big R pissed that someone asked him if he was gay? That reminds me of a time when I was drunk at a party and I asked this girl if she was a lesbian. I wouldn't believe her when she said no, so I kept asking her. I am pretty sure I pissed HER off.

Joanne said...

He thought it was rather presumptuous of the guy. (Although Big R is not especially butch). And he thought it was out of the blue and somewhat random since there wasn't any reason to be asking or any context there. Big R used to work at the law library and the guy asked him there.