Friday, July 21, 2006

A vague sense of relief

Earlier this week I got offered the opportunity to join a person I know (sort of) and her friends at Pearl Jam at the Gorge this Sunday. I jumped at the chance because I love Pearl Jam more than any other band and because I'll never really get the chance to see them since I won't go alone and I don't know anyone who likes them as much as I do. After jumping I started to have 2nd thoughts. The Gorge is about 140 miles away. I don't know this girl that well and I don't know her friends at all. Plus the ticket cost and the gas cost and the food there cost was starting to add up to a lot of dough in my head. (blah blah blah neuroticcakes). So although I'm a little sad about missing them, I was a little glad to hear from her today that one of her friends has a new beau and she called dibs on the ticket. That's fine. I'm not sad about it. But it could've been fun. :)

No comments: