Saturday, July 22, 2006

Wolverines!

I'm watching Red Dawn right now. It is weird to see it on one of my fancy cable channels because that means a - no commercials and b - I get to see all of the movie. Much like Pretty In Pink or The Breakfast Club, I don't think I've seen this movie in its unedited entirety in a really long time. I have an unholy love for this movie. I have absolutely no idea why. Perhaps it is the all the young actors I loved in the 80's. C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen... Perhaps it is the whole underdog aspect of the story. They're fighting a guerrilla war against real armies. (Ok maybe it is Darren Dalton who causes my unholy love of this movie. I mean he played Randy the soc in The Outsiders. How much better can that be? Although once I IMDB'd him he actually has been in a few other movies. Who knew?)

It seems like the perfect way to spend a ridiculously hot Saturday afternoon. I should've gone swimming with Big R. He asked if I wanted to go. But I didn't really want to spend most of the day baking my brains out at the beach. Instead I baked in my apartment. :) It is 93 degrees in here. Luckily the rest of the week it is supposed to cool off and won't be so bad. I don't want to cook and I don't really want to eat except I do want to eat. I may order Chinese food which is probably the worst thing to eat when you're hot. (Although I have read somewhere if you want to cool down eating hot things is just the way to do it.)

I've spent the day reading and napping. I'm almost done with I'm Not the New Me by Wendy McClure. It is another one off Michelle's wishlist. :) I like it. Wendy is (or was) a recapper on Television Without Pity and she keeps her own weblog as well.

1 comment:

P'nut said...

Red Dawn was my SERIOUS favourite movie in high school. I saw it so many times, and defended it vigorously against anyone who said anything disparaging about it.

Eventually, as years passed & I grew up & made my way in the world, it faded from memory... UNTIL 3 WEEKS AGO WHEN I CAUGHT IT ON TV.

I can't even explain how I felt when I saw it again.