Monday, July 10, 2006

I like it when a plan falls into place.

So, dear readers (does it bother you when I call you that? If so, I'll try to stop, but I doubt I will succeed because well, whatevah I do what I want - Oops a bit of Cartman just slipped in there...)

Anyway, I digress, so I got home from camping last night (with obviously a resolve to move to Oregon) and discovered much to my consternation that the parking garage the Flexcar is supposed to be parked in is closed on Sundays. Aha! How Flexcar manages to do this weekend 100 thing... they're getting more $$ out of the deal. Now I'm a little worried, I have to find a place to park it and then leave early to take it back. I don't like to park on the street because I don't know how to parallel park (well and I'm neurotic) so I go to find one of the pay parking lots that are all around us. Two of them have closed down and the 3rd is a combined pay lot/employee parking so during the workday it is an employee parking lot. Starting at 6:00 AM.

I drive around a bit and find a spot all on its own (between 2 driveways) that doesn't require mad parallel parking skillz and I pull in. Now I'm all angst ridden because I don't remember the rules about the meters. I KNOW on the weekend you don't have to use them because parking is free, but I don't know what time that changes in the AM and all that. Plus, I'm just neurotic so I worry, why did I find such a great space open? But I park and hope. This morning I get out of the apartment at an alarmingly early 7:15 and go up to get the car. It is, of course, still there and no ticket in sight. Phew.

As I'm driving to drop it off I look down at my button down shirt. Something is odd. I can't figure out what it is. Then I notice... I have buttoned it one button off. So while sitting at the light at Madison and Boren I start the button change. Manage to get it fixed as I go down Madison. (I wasn't about to undo them all so I did one at a time.) Returned the car successfully and then walked 3 blocks to the #2 bus. The 'Meth express' was full as always but as soon as it dropped off at the hospital (a lot of people work at the hospital and 2 stops later is a methadone clinic where about 10 people get off the bus) the crowd thinned out quite a bit. I even managed to get to work early, how is that possible? :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the camping weekend and Oregon. That car stuff sounds stressful though!

Kate the Peon said...

All that before work? I'm exhausted!