Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Foo Fighters Concert

I went to the concert last night. It was really good and I had a good time volunteering too! I was standing at the doors directing people to their seats. It was fun. I got 'flirted' with by drunk guys who were trying to convince me to let them bring their beers in. I always seem to get paired with the oddest regular usher though. This one was an art teacher (substitute right now) but just talking to her was the oddest thing. I can't remember any reason specifically but she was just odd.

The show was mostly acoustic (although I don't think it was 'technically' acoustic as they were using amps or microphones of some sort for their instruments and I thought I saw an electric guitar down there so I think that makes it not acoustic.). I was in the nosebleed section, though, so it could've just been my eyes. The volunteers get to see the show from the chairs behind the very back row in the theater. The theater only holds 2600, though so it isn't like I'm in the back row at Dodger Stadium or something. I think it is more like the Wiltern in LA. (Looking at the Wiltern's webpage that theater has about 2300 seats so it is similar). The music was great, although I think I started to doze off during some of their more quiet numbers. They did 1 encore (which I'm against encores, just play the damn show you want to play and don't make us (the crowd) beg you for more). During their encore, though, they played Best of You. I think this might actually be my favorite song they do. Dave Grohl did it all on his own, just him and his guitar. It was amazing. It would be the one time I wished I had my cellphone or something to record with (not that I would know how to move a message off my cellphone onto the computer even if I managed to record it onto my voicemail, but you know). They did one more song as a final closing and then we were off. I got home by 11:15 but was kind of keyed up and couldn't sleep until 12:30. Now I'm paying for it. zzzz.... :)

I think I'm going to have to go online and figure out how to download a song onto my computer. (I used to do it illegally. I no longer do so I have to find a pay place). The biggest problem is that my MP3 player is older. It still works great and has a huge ass memory so I don't feel I need or want a new one, but finding a music download program that supports it seems to be difficult. This honestly bugs on many levels. Even my own damn computer doesn't recognize it for what it is, and just thinks it is a mass storage device. Since I refuse to buy the Foo Fighters CD becuase of the protection software that is packed on it, I have to find an alternate means to acquire the music. And Itunes is out also (see above issue about older MP3 player). Blargh.

1 comment:

... said...

You know Itunes will save your songs in whatever format you want...I am assuming your MP3 player plays MP3s...you just have to tell it to do it. Best to save it in the original format (AAC, I think) because it is better quality and then you can convert a copy of it to MP3 if you want...hope this helps because Itunes is really easy to buy from.