Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bloodletting.

They use leeches for that right? :) So yay for me! I went to donate blood and they actually took it! Thus ending a several month long bout of anemia. (Apparently eating red meat for dinner on Friday, Saturday and Monday night as well as Tuesday lunch helped a lot.) (I feel compelled to point out that it wasn't until I thought about it that I realized I actually ate that much red meat over the weekend. It was completely unintentional. :) ) This also means that I can go have a blood test done and pass it so my dr won't take away my beloved pills.

I decided to take myself out to dinner afterwards to reward myself for my good behavior. I first tried to go to this place across the street from the blood donation place. They closed at 8. Sigh. Then I went down two doors to the teriyaki place. They only take cash. Why is it that teriyaki places only take cash? So finally I got Thai. Yum. :)

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Good for you! I'm due to donate again, but feeling a little under the weather. : (

Kate the Peon said...

Yay! Good for you. What pills can't you take if you're anemic?

... said...

Congrats on passing....just a dumb question here. Can you just take an iron supplement once in a while? I take one every other day (if I take it every day it is just too much for me) and it works well to make up for what I don't eat in red meat and veggies...

You have probably already explained why this doesn't work for you...hence the "dumb" qualifier.

Joanne said...

The pills I take daily help control any potential rash outbreak due to my failure to be 100% gluten free at all times. I live in a don't ask/don't tell kind of situation where I don't always ask at restaurants about questionable indgerdients. I just assume mashed potatoes are mashed potatoes. (Other members of the celiac community are WAY more vigilant than I am). If I'm anemic for too long, she won't let me have any more pills because the pills may be what's causing it and I don't want to go off the med.

I just never remember to take iron pills. No real reason.