Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh holy fuck I hurt...

The best shower ever is the one after camping when the water releases all these smells you've been stockpiling in your skin and hair and it just feels so cool. The 2nd best shower ever is the scalding hot water after you've spent 8 hours outside lugging boxes all over a damn playground. I'm not sure what our high was today, but I know it wasn't that high. I was wearing wool socks, long johns, jeans, a long sleeved t-shirt, a t-shirt over the long sleeved t-shirt, my fleece and at one point my rain jacket and hat and mittens. And at one point I was still shivering. Then we got smart and moved out of the wind so it wasn't so bad. :) And while I was helping load cookies into cars I was actually rather warm.

At 8:00 the semi got there and started unloading pallets. We had to unload the boxes from the pallets and stack them. That was task #1. Then we start rearranging the boxes by troop. So we're lugging the boxes from the stacks of type to various spots all over the playground (which was at least covered because it was also raining). Now I know somebody does this every year, but this was my first year of being somebody. I so don't plan on doing this next year. (Oh who am I kidding? If there's no cookie manager like this year, I'll end up helping the poor sap we con into doing this.) All in all, we got all the cookies out. I am clean and warm and dry. I am sore, but it is the type of sore that is from doing stuff, not the type of back pain that says you will be flat on your back for a week unable to move. I'm sure I'll sleep like the dead tonight and that's exciting. So that's all for now folks.

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I thought you said that you weren't going to do the job of the cookie mom if no one volunteered.

Joanne said...

I am not the cookie mom for my troop nor am I the cookie manager for the Service Unit. I did, like a fool, volunteer to the person who is the cookie manager for the service unit because I knew that a - we were so desperate for the damn SU cookie manager that nobody did it and a staff member from council did it. and b - in the past they've had whole troops out there loading and rearranging and she wouldn't have that. So I volunteered for this year only. I still maintain we shouldn't have sold at all but that went over like a lead balloon.