Friday, February 23, 2007

KTP made me do it.

Apparently my last post has been up too long and now I'm receiving pressure from the peanut gallery to change it. Some people! :)

The sad part is, I don't have a lot to report these days. I reread HP 5. I'm working on 6 to be ready for the 7th book to be released.

This weekend begins the mass volunteering for the next 5 weeks (I think).
Sunday I'm going to be working at the Girl Scout cookie delivery place helping coordinate the cookie pick up for my service unit.
The 3rd I'm selling cookies at PCC.
The 4th is the Firefighter Stairclimb.
The 8th I'm selling cookies.
The 10th I have a Service Unit Meeting.
The 11th I'm selling cookies.
The 16th I'm selling cookies.
The 18th is the Big Climb.
The 24th is my next CEBS exam.
The 24th is the HopScotch beer festival for which I will be pouring beer.

AND somewhere in there I'm being fitted for a crown, receiving a crown and turning 33. Phew! I'm actually rather excited to do all these things. I love selling cookies with the girls. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the firefighter stairclimb. (C'mon who doesn't? One of the perks is that we go drinking afterward with the fireboys who are flirty and fun!) And the HopScotch beerfest is a good time too, plus full of straight boys... :) (OF course, all those cookie selling days and the service unit meeting... this is just a couple hours out of the whole day. Which is good since apparently I have given myself no time to study for the damn CEBS exam.)

I think Saturday I'm going to try to go to the Smith Tower. The observation deck has amazing views and they have a Chinese Wishing Chair which, according to myth, causes a young woman to get married if she so wishes within the next year. :) Match ain't doing much for me, so maybe it is time to bring in the mystical. (Of course, I went through my blog archives recently and according to the psychic we took my mom to see not last Christmas but the Christmas before (05), one of us would be married in 2 years... the timeline would work! :P)

1 comment:

Kate the Peon said...

I love getting what I want. :)

And I love crowns! Okay, not the kind of crown you're talking about, but you so should get a tiara.