Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's day or whatever

So tomorrow is the great holiday known as Valentine's day. The happiest part to me... No more Valentine's day commercials for another 300something days. I was talking to my coworkers today and I came up with two thoughts on the whole subject...

1 - All my future manfriend has to do is buy me flowers and I'll be totally happy. Let me clarify a moment... buy me flowers, have them sent to work and know me well enough to know that I don't really like roses so that tulips or daisies are a better option. I will then reward him with the gift every female gives to her man on Valentine's day... tickets to a sporting event. ;)

2 - After about the 3rd grade Valentine's Day is destined to suck. Before that point, everybody gets the class list and puts a Valentine in the envelope on the desk and everybody gets one from everybody else. Fourth and fifth grade it starts to get weird (if they even still do them then because now that I'm thinking about it I didn't do anything with my class when I taught 5th grade.) By the time you are in high school there's always all this external pressure. That continues. I know that people do it to themselves, but the hype on TV doesn't help at all. And it is just sad. It shouldn't be that way, you know?

Also littlehands and I are doing Valentine's for the office again. This year I have purchased those lick 'm aid powdered sugar yummyness. It will be amusing to give it to my biggest boss and regular boss who are all healthy. :)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I almost bought those Lik Em Valentines for people at work and then I realized I just don't care that much.

Anonymous said...

v-day sucks. And I have a full-time "sweetheart." It's just stupid to have a day devoted to it. We throw cards at each other and just get it over with.