Friday, February 16, 2007

The whine of the drill

I survived my first ever root canal this morning. Although the shots just to make me numb were about to send me through the roof. In all honesty, any residual pain I currently have is in the places where I was shot. And they had to shoot me twice. The second one was the worst and actually brought tears to my eyes. In the end, though, I laid back in the chair and listened to an old episode of Charmed through the headphones. I could've watched it on the TV in the ceiling, but about 50% of the appointment she or the microscope was in my face. Also I really don't like to even SEE the little things she uses. I was going to post a thing about the smells, but I just grossed myself out so I don't want to do the same to you. I will say that whatever she was using at the end of the treatment smelled good to me. It smelled like nutmeg or something like that. Prior to that though. Not good.

As a treat to myself for being so good ;) I'm going to the movies tonight with a friend. We're going to see that Mandy Moore movie, Because I Said So. I really like Mandy Moore. I like how she plays basically good girls and you won't ever see her in like a ShowGirls type of movie. I find myself more and more liking the simple basically sexless types of movies. Like I don't mind a little bit of sex in a romantic comedy (I mean you have to have some...) but the just free for all that you sometimes see in other movies. Unfaithful, for example, had WAY more sex than I generally want to watch. Someone over at the peevery commented that I was jealous, and that's not really it. I don't know how to explain it. I really just like movies that are well written stories (or even half assed stories - I LOVE romantic comedies) as long as there's a story and that story isn't "Guy delivers pizza to all blonde slumber party of girls in tiny t-shirts and hilarity ensues." I'll just go and grab my cane and shake it at a few kids on my lawn now. :)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I'm glad the root canal went ok. I didn't realize that is where you were. I want to see MUSIC & LYRICS this weekend, but I am on punishment - I can't go to the movies until my house is clean.

Kate the Peon said...

Glad you survived! I like MM too - tell me how the movie was!