Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Vanity Sizing

I know I've read about it before, but i was reading an article in Cosmo today where they talk about vanity sizing. Even The Gap does it allegedly. So this got me thinking... does the fatchick store do it too? On the one hand, I can't see it as being hugely beneficial, but on the other hand, I would think if they didn't, the sizes would get so out of whack it wouldn't be possible for everyone not to do it. The funny thing is, though, whenever I hear of vanity sizing it is the 0s 2s and 4s being discussed... not the 22s or 24s. So of course, seeing as how I obsess, I've now emailed lame giant to find out if they do it. I wonder if they'll even be honest in their response.

6 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I'd love to know what and if they respond.

They should vanity size bridesmaid dresses: the first one I ever wore was ordered in a size 32 and cut down from there. Hello, ego crushing!

Peeved Michelle said...

One sizing thing I hate is that underwear sizes aren't the same as pant sizes. Also, I need new underwear.

Robin said...

Generally, it's the high end stores that do it.

Joanne said...

That's what I originally thought, but then they showed the difference in two pairs of jeans from the gap which is what made me wonder... The article kind of highlighted the fact that it is becoming more commonplace.

Robin said...

Uh...I think of the Gap as high-end...

Joanne said...

I would consider the gap equivalent to the fat chick store.