Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Dream Analysis

Last night I had 2 dreams that I can remember. One was very minor I just remember dreaming that I had lost the two earrings in one of my ears. So while there is plenty of interpretation about earrings in dreammoods, there is nothing about dreaming about lost earrings... only broken or pretty or whatever... so no interpretation there. Although it was a very real dream and I woke up reaching for my ear to see if they were there or not.

My other dream centered around me volunteering at an old person's home. I was working with one specific old woman and she wanted to go to the movies. For some reason I remember she didn't have enough money to go so the other people I worked with kept trying to convince me to distract her until she got tired so she wouldn't be mad about not having enough money to go. So looking up the pieces that seemed to be important...

Volunteering: To dream that you volunteer for something or are a volunteer, represents the value of helping others in need. It also implies charity and your willingness to offer your assistance. (Big freaking surprise)

Woman: To see a woman in your dream, represents nurturance, passivity, caring nature, and love. It refers to your own female aspects or may also represent your mother. Alternatively, it may indicate temptation and guilt. If you know the woman, then it may symbolize the concerns and feelings you have about her. (OR)

Old Woman: To see an old woman in your dream, indicates aging and growing old.

Money: (hmmm... except that it wasn't me in the dream with no money) To dream that you have no money, denotes that you have a fear of losing your place in the world or that you feel that you lack the abilities needed to achieve some desired goal. You may be overlooked or neglected by others.

In another recent dream, I was camping and we were eating beef... let's see:

Camping: To dream that you are camping, suggests your need for relaxation and a long-deserved break. You may be looking to be more in touch with nature and for a simpler life. Alternatively, it refers to your social circle and support group. You need to have a sense of belonging, but at the same time be self-sufficient and independent.

Meat: To dream that you are eating meat, signifies that you are getting to the heart of the matter.

No comments: