Thursday, April 29, 2004

It's always something...

So I have 2 bits of news today... 1st the good then the bad or 1st the bad then the good? Hmmm...

We'll start with bad. I have to take Baxter to the vet on Saturday. I suspect that she has adrenal disease (and by suspect I mean I'm about 100% certain). This condition will require 1 of 3 things. 1 - Surgery. 2 - Medicine (shots). 3 - Death (as in put down). The 3rd one is not really an option at this point. If she were suffering and weak and on her last legs, it would be, but she isn't suffering (yet) and not on her last legs (yet). Which brings us back to option 1 & 2. Which then forces us to look at cost... Not that I know how much either option will cost and I know I've always said that I would never shell out thousands of dollars for a 100 dollar pet (well and in truth if we were looking at THOUSANDS of dollars I really wouldn't shell out that much) but how about when it is only a couple hundred dollars? Does one do it? Where is the line drawn? It isn't like Baxter is the world's greatest pet. Anyone who has seen the scars I carry from her biting would know otherwise... but there's something about her, or maybe it is that I can't bear another loss right now. So soon after Minka and my fish (Ok the fish not so traumatized over... Bettas live like what 1 year?) but you get my drift. Because then I really am alone... and apparently swirling down into a pit of self pity... thank you PMS... Moving on...

Second thing: My mother has won a computer from alienware. I want it. How do I convince her I need it? Well I've already broached the subject. Apparently my nephew also wants one. HELLO!! I talk to her sometimes etc. She hasn't heard from him in months AND he has a wicked stepfather who makes a bazillion dollars a year or something. Must continue working on this... I WANT IT! :D Any tips on the convincing process would be greatly appreciated. :)

Final thought... I so wish people would stop asking me if I've gotten my computer back yet. Believe me when it finally gets back I will be so overwhelmed with joy I'll be shouting it from rooftops!

No comments: